Can I rent an instrument from the school?

If you need to rent an instrument from the school, please call us at 952-975-8090 and we will find an instrument for you. The annual $80 rental fee should be made payable to Eden Prairie Schools. All percussionists will be required to pay the $80 percussion fee to use school equipment throughout the year. Additionally, some students may be required to rent special instruments, such as mellophones and baritones, for marching band and pep band only.

What materials do I need for concert bands?

  • Check made out to EPHS for $25.00 by the third day of school. This will cover the rental of a band locker with lock provided, one music instrument lyre, one pep band flip folder and the music to go in it.
  • Your instrument in good working order
  • Woodwinds:  at least 3 good reeds, cork grease, cleaning swab
  • Brass:  valve oil and tuning slide grease, (slide oil and water bottle for trombones)
  • Percussion:  mallet bag, one pair xylophone mallets, one pair marimba mallets, one pair timpani mallets, snare sticks. These items are required.
  • A pencil (not a pen!) to store in your school-issued music folder.
  • OPTIONAL (but a really good idea):  a metronome and a tuner

 Where can I buy those awesome band clothes?

The EP Band Spiritwear is sold by the EP Band Parent Organization.  You can purchase or order items at several events throughout the year.  Click here for more information.