The Wind Ensemble is the most elite band at Eden Prairie High School. It is comprised of 9th through 12th grade students. Students audition at the end of the 4th term to determine which band they will be in based on their abilities. A wide variety of music literature will be studied and performed in a major concert each term. The Wind Ensemble may represent EPHS at the Region 6AA Large Group Contest and at the Lake Conference Band Festival and will perform on regularly scheduled national and/or international tours.
Uniform for Women:
- The uniform consists of black shoes, black socks or nylons and one of the following: (a) black skirt and black blouse, or (b) black pants and black blouse, or (c) black dress.
- All skirts and dresses must fall at or below the knee.
- Neither sleeveless tops nor spaghetti straps are appropriate for performance attire. Please plan accordingly.
Uniform for Men:
- The uniform consists of black jacket, black pants, black socks, white shirt, black bow tie, black cummerbund, and black shoes.
- The school will provide the jacket and pants for you; all other aspects of the viagra are your responsibility.
Distribution of Wind Ensemble Tuxes
- Tux jackets and pants will be distributed during first term. Look for the fitting sign-up sheets in class.
- You will be asked to return your tux either after the May concert (seniors) or after Commencement (underclassmen).
Tux Storage During the School Year
- Perspiration is the enemy of the tux. Hang up and air out your tux after you wear it. Garment bags are for transportation only, not for storage!
- Use a wooden hanger to maintain the correct jacket shape.
- Do NOT keep any part of your tux in your band locker.